Monday, March 11, 2013

Sub Thoughts - Dragon Ball: Episode 10: The Dragon Balls are Stolen!!

Episode Data
Original Japanese Airdate: April 30, 1986
Major Cast: Son Goku (Masako Nozawa), Bulma (Hiromi Tsuru), Yamucha (Toru Furuya), Oolong (Naoki Tatsuta), Puar (Naoko Watanabe), Pilaf (Shigeru Chiba), Shu (Tessho Genda), Mai (Eiko Yamada)
Synopsis: Goku and the others aim for the final Dragon Ball! However, their Dragon Balls are stolen by Pilaf and his underlings, who are plotting to use the Dragon Balls to take over the world!! Wanting to have his wish granted by Shenlong, Yamucha once again ends up helping Bulma and the others in order to obtain the Dragon Balls. In order to get the Dragon Balls back, Goku and the others invade Pilaf’s secret base. But they are all caught by the ingenious trap set by Pilaf. Goku’s Four-Star Ball is in danger!!

---

Oh wow, I think this is the only episode title I can think of where it's exactly the same for the Japanese and English versions. I mean if you want to get picky the dub title only has one exclamation point, but let's not split hairs here.

Yes, back to the Pilaf antics almost right away! I love how easily distracted the poor little guy is.

Furuya's Yamucha is finally starting to grow on me in this episode, especially once they've met up with Bulma and the others, but I still think I'd put Sabat above him.

I didn't have near as much to say on this one, but that's probably a good thing since I'm doing such a lump of episodes in one sitting anyway.

1 comment:

  1. where did you watch the subbed episode? i find it impossible to find and watch on the internet...

    ReplyDelete